Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

Self Evaluation


1. My first semester at Penn State has been a good one. I have definitely learned a lot about myself and met some great people so far. I can’t believe it is almost over though! Time is flying by and I need to take advantage of every day I have here because before you know it we will all be graduating and heading off to the real world. English 15S has definitely been a positive experience for me. It has given me a lot more confidence in my writing and I have learned so much about the arts.  Originally, I didn’t know this class was going to focus on the arts and when I found out, I was pretty disappointed. I was not a big fan of the arts before coming here, but this class definitely made me appreciate them more. Whether it was going to tour the Palmer Museum of Art, the Arboretum, or to see the play “In the Red and Brown Water” I gained an appreciation for the arts. This class helped me think of the arts in different ways and really elevated my level of thinking. Although the arts still aren’t my favorite thing, I’m glad I came into this class with an open mind because it worked in helping me change my opinion towards art. In high school I wasn’t very open minded to trying new things and I hope that this new mindset of mine will help me keep getting involved and trying new things at Penn State.  I also learned a lot about ethos, pathos, logos. Knowing about the rhetorical triangle really helped me take my writing to the next level because I realized that everything you say is going to impact your audience in some way so it’s important to know what you want your audience to get out of your paper.
Besides learning a lot about myself, I learned a lot about Penn State during my first semester. I realized it is extremely important to get involved which I plan on doing more of next semester. I realized everyone is extremely friendly here and it seems like one big family. In high school people aren’t as outgoing and stick to their group of friends but at Penn State everyone is really nice. My classes and teachers have all been really good so far whether I’m sitting in a lecture hall with 400 people or sitting in a small classroom with just 20 people. I know we’re a Top 50 university and it has definitely lived up to the hype so far. One thing I still need to get used to though is the weather! I’m not used to the cold nor the rain. It seems like it rains a few times every week. Overall, I think I have adjusted to college life pretty well and I'm looking forward to spending the next few years of my life here!


2.


http://sedwards10.blogspot.com/2012/09/my-blog-analysis.html#comment-form

http://kristinajoelle.blogspot.com/2012/09/everything-on-this-blog-was-chosen-for.html#comment-form

http://austinluboff.blogspot.com/2012/09/artscultural-blog-post-1-what-we-talk.html#comment-form

http://turningbloggingintoanartform.blogspot.com/2012/09/an-appealing-picture.html#comment-form

http://scribblesndsuch.blogspot.com/2012/09/working-horse-hauling.html?showComment=1355193013328#c5191998515741140010

http://emj5129.blogspot.com/2012/10/old-school.html#comment-form

http://pbandkelly122.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-dark-knight-rises.html?showComment=1355098395774#c437228322848029808

http://satisfyyourbordom.blogspot.com/p/about-me_6.html

http://showmetheartspa.blogspot.com/2012/09/photos.html#comment-form

http://obrienseyes.blogspot.com/2012/12/artscultural-event-wiz-khalifa.html?showComment=1355190033632#c941177262794462020



3. 


Hi, Ms. S-I completed my SRTEs!

1 comment:

  1. Crazy dude, it feels like it was just last week I was the new kid that didn't even know anyone.. and now the semester is over. I liked English 15S a lot to, and think we had an awesome class. I'm glad we became friends!

    ReplyDelete